Here's DesktopSweeper 1.1. For those who don't know, it's an APE module (the equivalent of Unsanity's Haxies) that allows to control whether or not Desktop icons are displayed.
Here are the changes in this version:
- Improved support of multiple monitors.
- Added the automatic mode, in which icons are displayed when the Finder is frontmost and hidden when it's not.
- Added an option to also hide the Finder along with Desktop icons (just like by using cmd-H).
- Icons are now displayed/hidden all at once instead of one by one (thanks to Slava!).
- Reworked the prefs window, replacing help texts with contextual tooltips.
- Now comes with (and installs if necessary) APE 1.4.2 (more info at: http://unsanity.com/haxies/ape).
Learn more and download from DesktopSweeper's page.